Artifact and Content Donations
Help us Tell Our Story
The Chinese American Museum in Washington, DC (CAMDC) is interested in donated artifacts and materials that would enrich our collection and assist in telling the Chinese American story. This includes but not limited to the categories below. Prior to your donation, please email email@example.com, and a member of the museum’s collections team will contact you. Thank you for your support.
We collect legally and ethically obtained artifacts including but not limited to:
· Clothing, uniforms, accessories
· Tools, products, and materials
· Documents, letters, certificates
· Photographs, illustrations
· Newspapers, advertisements, posters
· Film and video
· Written, audio, and video notes, histories, diaries, family history records
· Personal effects of well-known or historically significant figures from current or past Chinese-American culture
A curator at CAMDC will consider your intake proposal and will contact you for additional information if required. At the time of intake, please provide as much information as possible about your donation. Photographs and inventories are extremely helpful. Once all information is received, the CAMDC Collections Planning Committee will consider the donation.
In most cases, the physical condition of the item(s) must be acceptable for potential exhibit use. CAMDC must be able to properly store and provide long-term care for the item(s). Donations are typically an unrestricted, permanent transfer of ownership. Under special circumstances, a loan to the museum may be considered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!